This week (and it looks like Sunday mornings are my favorite time to post) it’s a very very easy Eggs Benedict.
Here is what you need…
Whole Wheat English Muffins
Smoked Deli Turkey
That’s it! I started making this with Smoked Turkey instead of Ham years ago…and never has an eater at my table complained. I actually like the smokiness vs a salty piece of ham.
Here’s how it’s done:
1) Take two eggs and separate them. Place the yolks in a blender.
2) Take 2 more eggs per person and either put them in a poaching pan or poach them in a boiling pot of water with some vinegar in it. The vinegar helps them stay together when you poach them in the water. Just a splash is fine.If using a poaching pan, remember to add just a bit of water in the pan. You are steaming the eggs, not boiling them.
I use this poaching pan from Williams Sonoma.
While your eggs are getting happy in the pan, complete these steps
3) Melt 1/3 cup (or 5 and 1/3 tablespoons) of butter in a pan. Add this along with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the blender. Blend on a whip setting.
4) toast your english muffins.
5) Warm your deli turkey ( I use 2 slices per english muffin side) on a plate in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Just to get it warm.
Once your eggs are poached…assemble. Muffin, Turkey, Egg, Sauce.
Where is the photo? #epicfail. I had one on my phone so I didn’t take one this morning…and now I can’t find the one on my phone! DOH!
Oh well…I’m still learning on this blog thing. 🙂